Teeth Whitening in Winter Garden
Most people want a more youthful and aesthetically appealing smile. At Enhance Dental Care, our dedicated team is passionate about helping you achieve optimal oral health and a smile you love. We offer cosmetic procedures that improve your appearance and promote your oral health.
Our Winter Garden practice offers take-home teeth whitening to lift persistent surface stains. If you want a brighter smile for important social or professional events, our team is here to help you achieve dental brilliance that lasts. Call us today!
CALL US: (407) 656-4848 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Tooth enamel is vulnerable to wear and discoloration. Numerous factors, such as diet, lifestyle habits, and certain medications, can lead to enamel staining. Highly pigmented foods and beverages such as dark berries, coffee, and red wine are especially prone to making teeth darker. Tobacco products can also severely stain teeth. Normal wear and tear can cause the enamel to weaken, making stains more noticeable.
Even the most diligent brusher can end up with yellow teeth over time. While whitening toothpaste and over-the-counter whitening strips might have some stain-lifting power, none can match the strength of professional whitening.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Your teeth have pores, just like your skin. When food, drink, or other substances come into contact with your teeth, they seep into these pores and get trapped there. The professional gel contains an ingredient that penetrates the pores and allows the active bleaching agent to break apart staining compounds and exposes the natural tooth color.
Do I Need to Do Anything Before Whitening?
Before you can achieve a brighter smile, it is imperative to establish a strong dental health foundation. During your examination, we will determine if any dental problems exist. If decay or signs of gum disease are detected, we can provide fillings and deep cleanings as pre-treatment. You should not apply the whitening gel to areas with tooth decay.
If you do not have prominent dental issues, we recommend a dental cleaning to prepare the way for your whitening treatment. At this time, we will supply you with your kit and review all the instructions. You may also want to take photographs of your teeth to help monitor the progression!
Professional Results with Our At-Home Whitening Kits
At Enhance Dental Care, we understand that having stained or discolored teeth can be embarrassing. Today’s advancements make professional teeth whitening more convenient and more comfortable.
Our take-home teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure that addresses discolored teeth by lifting stains. This treatment can significantly improve your appearance quickly and economically. Our kits allow you to manage your bleaching routine on your own time.
These kits use customized dental trays and professional-strength whitening gel. Whitening your teeth at home will take about two weeks of nightly applications. Some people experience sensitivity of the teeth after whitening, but this will subside after a short time.
6 Tips to Protect Your Smile After Whitening
After your teeth whitening treatment, we provide you with information to help you maintain your enhanced smile. Optimal oral hygiene habits and limiting your consumption of stain-causing food can make your radiant smile last. Here are some helpful tips to protect your smile:
- Eat Nutrient-Rich Foods: Teeth need nutrients to stay healthy, white, and free of cavities. Foods rich in calcium and phosphorus, like dairy, leafy greens, fish, and poultry, are especially crucial for sustaining enamel health.
- Avoid Smoking or Tobacco Use: Tobacco products are hazardous to your oral health and can lead to gum disease, bad breath, and tooth decay. Tobacco products are a leading contributor to tooth discoloration, so it’s best to avoid them altogether.
- Limit Teeth-Staining Culprits: Your favorite beverages, like coffee, soda, tea, and red wine, might be dulling your smile. Their intense color pigments cling to porous tooth enamel, leaving lasting tooth staining. You can minimize staining with toothpaste designed to brighten your smile while strengthening your enamel.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water helps to keep your mouth moist. It stimulates saliva and washes away extra food particles that feed bacteria. Water is not only essential for overall health, but it also helps fight off oral bacteria that can lead to gum disease.
- Chew Sugarless Gum: Chewing sugarless gum between meals stimulates saliva flow, neutralizing disease-causing acids throughout the mouth. Saliva also carries high amounts of calcium and phosphate for strengthening enamel.
- Visit Us Regularly: Along with brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash, scheduling dental exams and cleanings every six months is essential for a brighter smile and to preserve your oral health. Regular appointments help to prevent many health problems from developing and removes plaque buildup.
Ready to Show Off Your Smile with Confidence?
A beautiful, bright smile highlights your overall appearance. If you’re ready to make the change, Enhance Dental Care is here to help. Give our knowledgeable and welcoming team in Winter Garden a call today and take the first step toward a brighter smile!
CALL US: (407) 656-4848 REQUEST APPOINTMENT